CARDFREE™ is an exciting start-up with seasoned professionals driven to push the mobile experience forward. We come from different backgrounds - from large merchants to mobile vendors and payment companies - but are united in our mission to create the coolest, most ground-breaking mobile commerce apps in the industry.
Please see below for the current list of open positions. If you don't see anything that fits your skills and you are passionate about mobile, merchants or changing the way people interact at the point-of-sale (or hopefully all three), send us your resume. We are always looking for talented team members to come join the fun. We offer a flexible schedule with generous paid time off for all your hard work along with competitive pay and health benefits, as well as the opportunity to grow professionally.
As a Sr. SW Engineer in BI team at CARDFREE you will help build a complete BI solution that provides both internal team and external customers with deep and actionable insights in user behaviors, business transactions, and operational efficiencies. You will work closely with our mobile application and platform software developers, building end to end mobile eCommerce solutions that reach 80 million+ users.
You should be:
• Highly motivated and self driven.
• Creative thinker and problem solver.
• Fast learner with can do attitude.
• Team player with strong communication skills.
You will play key role in:
• Define the architecture of data collection, persistence, analysis, reporting, and visualization for our system consisting of large number of mobile devices and servers.
• Derive business insights, intelligence, and marketing opportunities based on data collected by our system as well as 3rd party data sources using big data analytics tools.
• Create web based BI tools and services, such as dashboards, searches, etc.
• Implement, test, debug, deploy, and support the system.
Desired experience and skills:
• Hands on experience on data collection, persistence, analysis, reporting and visualization for mobile or web applications.
• Familiar with open source big data analytics tools (e.g. SQL and NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Spark, Solr, D3, etc.).
• Strong understanding of design patterns and agile practices.
• Fluent in Java and related frameworks.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Are you always thinking up ways that mobile apps can be improved? Do you enjoy hackathons, mashups and anything that pushes you to think differently? Do poorly designed mobile apps make you kinda sad? You are not alone. Come join a seasoned team with experience deploying two of the largest mobile payment apps – with over 10 million installs.
• 5+ years professional development experience.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience developing mobile apps.
• Ideally have submitted 2+ apps to app stores with good adoption. Please indicate your role.
• Proven track record of building apps with great user experience & interface.
• Experience with Objective C, C++ and Cocoa or Java and Android SDKs.
• Experience integrating with web services i.e. RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Ability to review code and write unit tests.
• Exceptional problem solving and communication skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• You're interested in mobile commerce and want to help shape the industry.
• You get excited when you see customers using your applications.
• You enjoy working in agile and collaborative environment.
• You care about great design and user experience.
• Strong self-management skills requiring minimum direction.
Please send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Generalist) to help us develop a scalable, reliable, and highly available platform that supports a growing business. This position is open to our main San Francisco office, but greatly preferred in our Denver office. You will be hitting the ground running and help build something meaningful, that will be used by A LOT of people. Our safety nets are on backorder!
As a key member of our team, you will:
• Work across multiple disciplines (Linux, Windows, network, database, engineering, security) to develop a scalable, reliable, and highly available platform that supports a growing business.
• Help develop and deploy monitoring tools to provide a holistic view of the different layers of the application stack.
• Utilize extreme programming procedures and practices to rapidly develop and deploy your technical solution.
• Strong commitment to TDD (test driven development) practices.
• BS in computer science or related field and 3-5 years of technical work experience.
• Fluency in OO design and development with J2EE or .NET. Someone who is comfortable with diverse technology stacks.
• Minimum 3+ years of Core, middleware and enterprise Java development e.g., RMI, JMX, JMS, EJB.
• EMinimum 3+ years of C# development or Java.
• Minimum 3+ years database skills including table layout and design, SQL Queries, and stored procedures - MS-SQL/MySQL. NoSQL a plus.
• Minimum 3+ year exposure to debugging tools and performance tuning.
• Knowledge of secure coding practices, authentication/authorization, and encryption.
• Knowledge or expertise of middle-ware development platforms e.g. Java, .NET, WSO2, etc.
• Experience designing and implementing multi-tiered systems applications.
• OLTP experience and knowledge of payment processing including experience with high-volume transaction processing and scaling distributed systems.
• Experience with programming and operating in Linux operating systems.
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
• Experience working with, selecting, and integrating 3rd party tools such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, middle-ware or database replication, monitoring tools, etc.
• Experience working with multi-site systems, including disaster recovery planning and implementation.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with web technologies such as HTML, CSS, SASS or LESS, JS, Grails, Groovy, Ruby on Rails.
• Experience developing RESTful web services preferred.
• Payments systems development experience a strong plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Design/develop/debug/modify Android versions of mobile applications. Duties include: write complete functional/design specifications for mobile applications. Must be familiar with Java, Android SDKs, Objective C and Cocoa, RESTful APIs and JSON. MS in Computer Science or related + 6 months direct experience in mobile application development. Send resume to Cardfree Inc., Attn: Peter J. Alfrejd, Head of Finance and Human Resources, 340 Pine St., Suite 302, San Francisco, CA 94104.